Tattoo culture is not one that has developed recently. It is quite an ancient concept. With time, passion for tattoos has increased considerably and today many, especially youngsters, exhibit great interest towards tattooing themselves.
Though it is interesting to have a tattoo, some may not like to have the same tattoo all the time. In order to change it, they go for tattoo removal treatments which are not that easy. Yes! Tattoo removal is as equally painful as tattoo insertion. Moreover, Tattoo Removal is not always successful. It depends on the type of tattoo.
If tattoos are made of dark blue and black, they can be easily removed, whereas green and yellow tattoos are hard to remove. Such types of tattoos need a several number of sessions and different kinds of treatment for removal.
Nowadays, laser treatment is highly preferred for removing tattoos. For different tattoo inks, different kinds of lasers are used. It is advisable to consult a doctor to inquire into the kind of laser that is suitable for specific tattoo removal.
Procedure for laser tattoo removal
In general, laser treatments differ from person to person depending upon some factors like age, type, and size of the tattoo, the color of the skin, depth of tattoo pigment, etc. All these factors will influence the tattoo removal technique. Once all these factors are verified, laser treatment procedure can be started. Here is a step by step procedure of laser treatment for removing the tattoo.
- As a first step, protective eye shields are used to cover patients to avoid direct impact of laser rays on the remaining parts.
- Initially, the skin reaction is tested against laser to identify the effective energy of the patient for treatment.
- The treatment comprises a positioning of handpiece against the skin and activating the laser light.
- Small tattoos require only a few pulses whereas large tattoos need more pulses. In both cases, tattoo removal requires multiple visits and treatments. Undergoing each session, the tattoo becomes lighter progressively.
- Immediately after the treatment, the treated area is applied with an ice pack for relieving pain. The patient has to apply an antibiotic ointment on the treated area along with a bandage to protect it from the sun.
- After undergoing the above treatment sessions, the tattoo can be removed completely.
Even though tattoo removal treatment is taken according to the doctor’s advice, sometimes there will be some side effects seen in this process. These side effects include,
- Permanent scar
- Skin infection
- Hypo pigmentation
All the above side effects are not seen in all cases. These will happen only in case of sensitive skin. So, don’t get into a conclusion and back out in fear. Take the doctor’s advice before starting the process.
Dr.Rekha’s Skin and Slim Centre provides best Laser Tattoo Removal in Mumbai all the advanced treatment and procedure with the help of Leading Skin Specialist and other staff.
Visit us: www.drrekhas.co.in
Mail us: email@example.com